ThinkMobiles is one of most trusted companies conducting IT & software reviews since 2011. Our mission is to provide best reviews, analysis, user feedback and vendor profiles. Learn more about review process.
Download avast offline antivirus for free. Security tools downloads - avast! Pro Antivirus by AVAST Software a.s and many more programs are available for instant and free download.
We may receive compensation when you click on links. Neither our writers nor our editors get paid to publish content and are fully committed to editorial standards .
Got no Internet but need a best antivirus? No worries, just select the one, download offline version and keep it on your device. For example, Avast Offline Installer. Avast offers two options to install its products, either get them via website or install via offline version without Internet connection. Keep in mind that file size for online installation is much smaller than for offline installation. In this review, we discuss offline installation processes for different Avast products.
Requirements of Avast antivirus aren’t too high in terms of device specifications, all you need is:
- Operating system: Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10)
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 AMD 64, or higher
- Disk space: 1.5 GB free
- RAM: 256 MB, or more
Note that latest versions of Avast antivirus are not compatible with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000. At the same time, it is perfectly fine for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions, excluding RT and Starter editions.
Offline installation process
After downloading the offline.exe file, you can find it in your downloads folder and start the installation process by executing it. Once the file is clicked, a Windows message pops-up informing you that Avast Free Antivirus wants to make changes to your device to be installed, choose Yes. Then a loading screen pops-up and lasts for a while waiting for the program installation procedures to load.
It is noteworthy that offline installation file size is much larger than the online one, it is around 250 MB while the online installation file is only 7.05 MB. Once loaded, the installation wizard appears.
A couple of things that you need to take into account before clicking Install:
- Avast Browser: antivirus will automatically install Avast browser, and it will make it your default one. If you do not want this, uncheck the browser installation option.
- Google Toolbar: In some cases, Avast offers to install Google Toolbar to Internet Explorer as this feature offers translation for non-English websites and forms auto-filling.
- Language Change: Avast lets you change the language if you are not comfortable with English. Go to top-right corner, select and the language will change after installation process is complete.
Avast Free Antivirus enables you to choose from two types of installation:
- Regular installation: includes default products like Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast Cleanup, Avast Browser Cleanup, Avast Passwords, Avast SafeZone Browser and Avast Software Updater.
- Custom installation for advanced users. It gives you the choice to choose what features to install and what not to.
Sometimes Avast offers some additional products like Dropbox and Google Chrome. So, upon choosing which products to install, check the ones you want. Once you click Install, the installation procedures start to execute and a window pops-up showing the progress. You are free to perform any other activities until it finishes.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > uncheck Participate in the Avast community
- Go to Settings > Privacy > uncheck Participate in data sharing
Once Continue is clicked, Avast will ask if you want to setup Avast security products on your Android smartphone or not. If interested, enter your email address to receive a direct download link on your mobile phone. A strongly recommended advice is to restart your computer to finish the installation of Avast offline installer and guarantee full compatibility with other system processes.
Avast Premier: offline installer
Avast Premier is a security suite provided by Avast company. It can do all what Avast Free Antivirus does, but it has some extra premium features. For instance, it provides high security level to user’s webcam against any spying trials. It also searches for latest versions of programs on your device and updates them, blocks phishing sites. The services that Avast Premier offers are as follows:
- Cleanup Premium: It is responsible for getting rid of junk files, cleaning obsolete entries of registry and applying modifications to any inefficient settings of the system.
- Data Shredder: It is responsible for permanent deletion of the folders and the files that you do not want to recover again in the future.
- Driver Updater: This is an independent service with extra subscriptions. It is responsible for downloading and installing official work drivers for any of your device components.
- SecureLine VPN: It is also an independent service that you need to pay extra subscriptions to get it. It is responsible for securing your online presence by shielding your identity, location and IP address.
- SandBox:This feature gives you the ability to run any suspicious software in a sandboxed or shielded environment.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: It is responsible for scanning your network trying to detect any issues that might harm your device. Moreover, it shows all the devices connected with you to the same network.
- Sensitive Data Shield: It is responsible for securing sensitive on your device like payroll and tax documents. This feature secures the sensitive files against any trial of unauthorized access.
- Webcam Shield:Itprevents anyone or any malware from accessing your device webcam to spy upon you.
- Software Updater: Its primary function is to regularly check if all your apps installed on your device are up-to-date or not. If not, it lets you know and asks for a permission to update them.
- Passwords: It is responsible for managing your passwords in a secure way through an encryption process.
Once the download process is over, find the .exe file in your downloads folder and execute it. On clicking the file Windows system will inform that Avast Premier is asking for permission to make changes to PC, check Yes. You can the language if you go to Customize. Note, that installation includes Avast browser, if you don’t want it, un-check the browser installation box.
Once everything is done, Avast Premier will automatically run. It will ask about the networks your device is connected to. If a new network is protected by firewall, it will ask whether it is a public or a private network. Whatever it is, the required protection level is provided by Avast firewall.
The overall offline installation process is simple, no advanced skills or personal information is required. Moreover, no significant differences between offline and online installation. The only difference is the size of files: 7 MB and 258 MB.
Avast Internet Security
Avast Internet Security is one of the security products provided by Avast company. Free tire instalation okc. It provides the higher levels of protection compared with free antivirus. It secures user’s online presence which is especially vital when it comes to bank transactions. Furthermore, it is not limited to internet security, it also provides anti-ransomware protection. Find the main features of AIS below.
Free Antivirus Software
- Secure Shopping: Avast Internet Security secures your online shopping as it prevents hackers from stealing your information or passwords.
- Sandbox: Avast Internet Security has a sandbox module to run any dubious applications in it avoiding any harms that these apps may cause to your computer.
- Firewall: Avast Internet Security has an advanced firewall module to prevent hackers from accessing your computer.
- Phishing Email Blocking: Avast Internet Security secures you against annoying spam or phishing emails.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: Avast Internet Security scans your network to detect any issues that might harm your device. Moreover, it shows all the devices connected with you to the same network.
- Passwords: Avast Internet Security manages your passwords in a secure way through an encryption process, and it informs you if it detects any weak password.
- Sensitive Data Shield: Avast Internet Security provides extra layer of security for sensitive data on your device.
- Virus Detection: Avast Internet Security detects any virus or malware exists on your device.
The least required device specifications to install AIS in the screenshot below. Note, that itis not compatible with Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, and 2000 versions.
Once the download process is complete, you get the .exe file, execute it. Click Yes to allow Avast to apply changes to your computer. Choose Customize to select which modules to install. Click Install to start copying the software files to your computer. Several minutes until everything is ready, so do not turn off PC while installation is in progress. Then a message will pop-up asking you to restart your computer.
Avast offline installers – Summary
Products by Avast have proven outstanding performance in securing users’ data. Avast offers complete package of security suites. Avast can secure emails, manage passwords, detect/delete viruses and malware, block phishing sites, detect suspicious apps, secure webcams, update apps, shield sensitive files, etc. The table below summarizes differences between 3 core products of Avast.
|Feature||Avast free antivirus||Avast Internet Security||Avast Premier|
|Avoiding phishing sites||–||+||+|
|Detecting dubious apps||–||+||+|
|Blocking email spams||–||+||+|
|Shield sensitive files||–||–||+|
|Automatic app updating||–||–||+|
|Annual subscription per 1 device||–||$30.00||$35.00|
Offline installers links
- Avast offline installer – Avast Free Antivirus, to keep your device secure from viruses and malware;
- Avast offline installer – Avast Internet Security, to secure online brwosing;
- Avast offline installer – Avast Premier with multiple modules for data security;
Avast! Internet Security 18.1.2326 (build 18.1.3800.0) + Keys 244.58 MB/Avast! Premier Antivirus 18.1.2326 (build 18.1.3800.0) + Keys 244.58 MB
Our most advanced security suite adds military-grade data shredding and automatic software updates in addition to antivirus, firewall, and Home Network Security. avast! is only the most trusted name in antivirus, actively protecting more than 200 million PCs, Macs and Androids.
Premier: Avast Premier gives you the highest level of security, automation, and support you need and want.
Internet Security: Our best-seller because it offers the protection people need with the performance and flexibility they want.
Pro Antivirus: Gives technical pros additional network and DNS security.
Automatic software updates
Hackers love to exploit old software. Itâs the weakest link in most peopleâs security. Avast Premier automates software updating so you donât have to think about it.
Putting you a few steps ahead
Looking for the ultimate? You’re in the right place. In addition to all the features of Internet Security, you are getting advanced security measures keeping your PCs and network even safer.
Yes, your PC can run it
If your PC can run the full version of Windows 8.1, it can run Premier. Period.
New Features in avast! 2017:
– HTTPS scanning. Now, we are able to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in our Web-content filtering component. We are using our own generated certificates that are added into the Root Certificate store in Windows and also into major browsers. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.
– Home Network Security. Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). This is quite a new approach as we are trying to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.
– SecureDNS (this feature is active in the paid versions only). We are introducing a new provider which guards against unprotected DNS/DNS hijack on a router/client (including unsecured networks, public ones, etc.).
– Smart Scan. Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.
– New Support System. Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.
– General bugfixing. This covers a lot of stability and performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network and engine components).
– GrimeFighter Free. GrimeFighter will offer free cleaning of junk files and tuning of system settings. These tasks are performed by our Zilch and Torque minions. Other minion functions remain as paid-for features.
– AVAST NG. A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. The technology will also eventually power the Sandbox and SafeZone components (although it does not now).
Whatâs New in avast Internet Security v.18.1.2326 (2018-02-12):
– You can now add multiple files to your Virus Chest at once
– We now better handle opening multiple Avast windows at once
– We’ve optimized scans of downloaded executable (.exe) files
– We now warn you if you try to shut down Windows during installation to ensure your Avast installation finishes properly
– Avast updates and installations are now more reliable thanks to our new fallback HTTPS server that kicks in if our standard servers are not reachable
– We’ve added a new Anti-Exploit module for better protection against exploits, shellcode, and other malicious executable files
– Hate being tracked online? Check out the new Avast AntiTrack offer we’ve added to your Privacy menu (now only in English version)
– Fixed scanning of files in your Virus Chest
– Fixed some problems with the Outlook plugin
– Fixed wrong text in the Recycle Bin context menu
– Fixed the name of the Avast window in the taskbar
– Fixed an annoying bug that minimized games every 30 minutes
Home Page –