DON’T BUY A RHEEM WATER HEATER FROM HOME DEPOT
- Sometimes opening a hot-water faucet on a sink helps the water heater tank to empty faster. Step 4: Remove the Tank When the tank is empty, remove the discharge pipe from the temperature and pressure (T&P) relief valve.
- Rheem Performance Plus 177L (39 Imperial Gal.) 3800W 240V Electric Water Heater with 10 Year Warranty.
- Also look into sharkbite connectors - I just replaced my old giant cascade 40 (17 years old) with a new 40 gal rheem for 420 taxes in. Turned off the cold water, opened the hot faucet to release pressure, connected a hose to the drain valve and drained into the main stack, cut the pipes, turned the electricity off, swapped heaters, used the two.
- Shop Costco.com for electronics, computers, furniture, outdoor living, appliances, jewelry and more. Enjoy low warehouse prices on name-brands products delivered to your door.
1. They don’t carry parts. So if your water heater quits working because of a parts problem, you’re waiting at least a week (at the minimum!) to get going again. Did you install it? Well, you’re now the contractor. Call Home Depot and let me know how that goes for you.
2. They don’t have the same quality parts as a professional grade water heater. IMHO, Rheem has shot themselves in the foot here. They sacrificed their reputation for the almighty dollar.
3. If there’s a leak, you have to return the water heater first. Think about the opportunity cost here for a minute. Do you have a truck to haul it back there with? The time? The patience? You can’t return it to Home Depot either! You better do some checking on where it has to be returned if it goes south on you.
4. Performance grade (Home Depot) vs. Professional grade (Licensed contractor). Think about this: You buy it from Home Depot, you have to deal with it. If that thing goes south during the warranty period, you’re screwed. One week of cold showers? Your wife will be pissed. I hope you have a good relationship. Buy it from a contractor, they deal with it for you.
5. Here’s some reviews of Rheem via Home Depot. Don’t confuse these reviews with Rheem via a licensed plumbing contractor.
6. You get what you pay for. If you’re Plumb Smart, there’s no such thing as an emergency! If there are problems, we’ll take care of them for you. In this case, having a middle man is a really good thing.
7. We’ve been using Rheem water heaters for over 15 years now – Professional grade – and haven’t had one go back or warranty issue in all that time.
At Plumb Smart, we carry parts for the water heaters we install. So if something goes wrong, you call us and we get you back in hot water the same day! That’s called, “There’s no such thing as an emergency when you’re Plumb Smart!”
Home Depot Hot Water Heater With Free Installation Price
Enter water heater installation and hot water heater replacement from Lowe’s. Independent installers can help you with both tankless and traditional options, including gas water heaters, electric water heaters and tankless gas water heaters.