- Does Xfinity Offer Free Installation
- What Is Xfinity Free Self Install Kit
- Does Xfinity Have Free Installation
XFinity Support Page: Great Deals on Tech at Amazon - To Self Install xFinity Internet xFi - x. This video covers how to self install HD or SD digital adapters. Get started by unpacking the self-install kit, then learn about plugging in your cables, box.
Save some money by installing Xfinity service yourself.
Save money and time with a free Xfinity installation kit
Don’t like waiting for a cable installer to show up for an appointment “sometime between noon and 5 p.m.?” Good news: You can do it yourself with an Xfinity free installation kit—and save $89.99 in the process. You don’t even have to be tech-savvy to set up Xfinity internet and Wi-Fi.
New Xfinity cable TV subscribers are eligible for a free installation kit when they bundle internet service with television. Current Xfinity TV customers are also eligible if they add an internet bundle. The only real requirement is having a functioning Xfinity cable line to your home.
You may be denied a free installation kit for the following reasons:
- Your residence has never had Xfinity service before, meaning a technician will need to install a cable line.
- Your residence hasn’t had active Xfinity service for 12 months or longer. To determine if the cable line still carries a signal, a technician will need to check it.
- Your residence requires a more complicated setup or four or more pieces of Xfinity equipment.
What you get with an Xfinity free installation kit
After you sign up for Xfinity internet service, you’ll receive a Getting Started kit. Setting up the equipment won’t require any extra tools, and you should be able to complete the installation in under 30 minutes. We cover the step-by-step process in our Xfinity installation guide.
Does Xfinity Offer Free Installation
What’s included with the Xfinity internet Getting Started kit:
- An envelope containing a Comcast Customer Privacy Notice and Agreement for Residential Services
- A Getting Started guide
- An xFi Wireless Gateway (modem/router)
- A coaxial cable (to connect xFi to incoming cable)
- An Ethernet cable (to connect directly to xFi)
- An xFi power cord
Buy your own: You don’t have to use Xfinity’s modem/router—read our recommendations for purchasing your own gear in our Best Xfinity-Compatible Modems review.
If you’re bundling with TV service, you’ll also receive the following:
- An Xfinity cable box with remote
- A second coaxial cable
- A cable splitter (to send separate lines to xFi and cable box)
If you’d rather have an Xfinity technician install your internet service, there’s a one-time fee of $89.99. Contact Xfinity to set up an appointment.
What Is Xfinity Free Self Install Kit
See also: Xfinity Overview Xfinity Internet Xfinity TV Xfinity Voice Xfinity Bundles Xfinity Channel Lineup Xfinity Customer Service Xfinity Availability Map Xfinity Deals
Does Xfinity Have Free Installation